Young kids are very imaginative and creative and wants to set up there own world. So while designing the room for young children, their involvement and ideas are must. Here are some of the things one must take care:
- One must involve child by getting his or her ideas and choose favorite colors, favorite sports or artistic interests, or story or movie characters.
- One main colour with your child’s choice should be taken and while making it a central major element, rest of .he theme should be decided.
- Every child has a different taste for colour, patterns and everything. Some kids are fond of plain colours, some like it floral. Others may have choice for checks, stripes or geometrical patterns.
- The choice of bed should be according to the theme of the room and personal choice of the child. Some like single beds, other may opt for the bunk bed, some may even prefer floor beds, so it differ form child to child. Floral patterns can get well for girls and game themes go for boys.
- The room must have a corner for the collection and display of the child’s artwork, projects, creativity.
- Safety is the utmost important thing. The electrical chords should be concealed. The decorative area rugs should be protected with non-skid pads under, and the storage units should not be too high.