Wooden furniture is in itself an asset and most homeowners move for wood furniture over metal because the grace of wood is more than any other material. Wooden furniture is aesthetic, graceful and comfy for these very aspects it has been liked by home owners. Wood appears in different types and varies in grace, style and price, according to which people go for it.
Furniture is sometimes passed to next generation as token of love and heirloom but with those marks on the side of wooden plank may appear to be ugly and lowers down the over-all appearance of our furniture. To make it new forever an asset of beauty, polishing is mandatory but more than outer polishing it require proper & timely maintenance. Today evenly scratches and mar are common on wooden furniture and you can fix them to make your furniture ever beautiful.
There are different ways to remove or repair unwanted evenly scratches or dents that occur due to many reasons. Explore some useful & quick ways to prevent scratches of wooden furniture properly:
- Dents and scratches on wooden furniture can be fixed by using eye pencil in an apt way in the direction of the scratch. Even chipped areas of furniture especially dark coloured can be properly by using eyebrow pencil.
- Smoothing the scratchy area of wooden furniture with walnut, or other nut will help making invisible the evenly marks. Nut oil is immensely useful to darken the mar on the wood and if you find the scratch visible after sometime, again rub walnut thoroughly to make it invisible.
- Another technique to fix the scratch over furniture is to mix some vegetable oil and lemon juice; soaking a clean soft piece of cloth in it and applying on the mark will help reducing the visibility of dent.
- You can also use colour crayons to fill into the cracks or dents on the wooden furniture. Just get the matched colour to rub it on the furniture and just finely rub to mend the marks.
- Dents on dark colour furniture can be fixed with dark shoe polish. Use a small brush to paint the scratch over the furniture.
- Simple polish or lacquer especially available in the market for wooden furniture can also be used to give finish touch again over the marks. After polishing, dab mineral spirit with the soaked cotton cloth.