Indian traditional homes as getting used to modular kitchens in a recent decade. As far as the old kitchens are concerned they were dingy and unorganized. Modular kitchens of today are sleekly designed to suit individual needs and preference as well as the available space in any home.
Kitchen cabinets and drawers
- Modular kitchen systems consist of standardized units pre-fabricated in a huge array of material which can be avail in sheen colours with a clean finishing.
- A regular modular system consists of standardized units for the floor and wall.
- They come in different price ranges and thus can be easily fit into the budget of people who want modular kitchen systems.
- If you have a bare kitchen, then you need to have box type kitchen. This type of kitchen is fully modular from the kitchen counters to the cabinets and the shutters to pull out.
- Kitchen is a place of cooking where you end up with trials. A ‘modular’ kitchen means- designed kitchen which is made up of several modules and units.
- The modules or units made in the modular kitchen systems all over the world are in the same standardized size.
Kitchen counters and design
- Modular kitchen system is stylish, elegant and latest in which individual can mix or match the basic models of modular kitchen to their taste.
- While choosing for cabinets and drawers, go for natural or lacquered wood, combinations of wood and laminate, granite or even aluminum marble. You can also go for ingenious material which can be used to make cabinets and drawers
- Be sure the material you opt for cabinet is water resistance. To cop up with water marine ply is always good as it is great water resistant.
- It is better to install steel kitchen cabinet but make sure they are powder coated lest it would get rusted.
- The steel cabinets should be avoided near the stove area, as they get heated which makes them impossible to open.
- While selecting counters for modular kitchen granite is the best option seeing the Indian style of cooking.
- Modular kitchens are available in various styles and designs as you can take parallel counters, L-shaped kitchen and C-shaped kitchen.
- You can also go for island design if you have large kitchen.
Though installation of modular kitchen is expensive, however it is of worth when it comes to luxury and elegant design of modular kitchen systems. The range of modular kitchen starts from 5000 and go upto Rs 5 lakhs. A whole range of colours in modular kitchen is making a way which is red, gold, blue and green apart from wood shades like cedar and birch. The companies take care of all the facilities and implementation of the modular kitchen you need not be skeptical about the howabouts of your modular kitchen.