are called the heart of the home and it should be decorate with utmost care and planning. The best part while making and planning the interiors for living room is that it is you who have to decide how you want your living room to be like. The style, accessories to be taken, designs and overall things to be decided is the main work a living room needs.
Earlier living rooms were just to spend time with guest coming at your place. However with the changing time this room has become leisure place for multifunctional activities to sit, relax, gossip and so many things. It is a room where we spend most of our time now doing number escapades. Hence this room should be set with an exotic mood so as to lure whosoever comes to the place. The design and interior of living room represents the part of a person we are.
Here are the ways which can help you to create a budgeted living room with little expense or effort.
Style for your room
You can choose various styles for your living such as contemporary, modern, casual, rustic and eclectic. It is up to you whatever you choose, but be careful for consistency to be maintained. If you are going for casual style in one room and eclectic in other, it won’t be harmonious. The style of your rooms must be same.
Dig out colour from your imagination
Colour your living room with soft and natural shades. You can go for neo-classical style which tends to be more earthy beige and brown earthy tones. Contemporary styles are more prone to the primary red, blue, green, yellow colours mixed in with black and white. If you want this room to be high in energy and active you may go for bright colours such as red or orange or yellow. If you wish to make a relaxing and quiet room, then go with soft colours like blue or green, purple etc.
Accessories for style
Living rooms can be decorated with lots of accessories which would make your room look more brisk and charming. This room can accommodate a piano, designer table to place junk stuff; you can also place some plants with etched pots. Living room may use number of furnishings and accessories and coordinate with rugs, wall art, murals, moldings, lightings and window treatments. Try out aesthetic wall clocks to give a royal look. You can also put wall mirrors, stylish lamp shades, candles and candle stand in your living room to make more delightful.
Flooring your living room with old designs is outdated, now day’s people are opting for wooden flooring, vinyl and tile flooring to give an ascetic look. Laminated flooring can be laid relatively easy and gives a whole fresh look which can be topped off.
Furniture for living room
Furniture for living rooms depends upon the choice of style you want to inculcate. You can choose from contemporary to rustic, antique to modern, traditional to Victorian. But be careful while purchasing furniture, it must be comfortable and durable to fit your room. Furniture is the most important aspect of any living room and so as the interiors of a living room can’t be complete without furniture.
Wood is the most common commodity used in making furniture. The relevance of wood furniture combines the classic style and craftsmanship with modern furniture. Today furniture is setting a trend which appears in various forms and designs. The furniture styles which are getting more popular in home living rooms are as follows:
- Wooden living room furniture is as graceful and with no comparison. Whether you choose modern style to contemporary, simple to traditional the beautiful collection of wooden furniture adds to the beauty of your living room décor.
- Aluminum living room furniture exudes a charming and alluring effect to your living room décor. Aluminum furniture is a perfect example of craftsmanship. It is getting very popular due to its durability, light weight and resistance to corrosion.
- Brass living room furniture is unique in style which is tarnished and lacquered to give its golden colour. Brass furniture looks amazing and become a striking feature of your living room. It grants your room a sophisticated and aesthetic look.
- Leather living room furniture is another common style which most Indian homes prefer. It is available in different styles, designs, colours and patterns. It boasts unmatched degree of high durability and comfort.
- Wrought iron living room furniture is graceful and widely used by Indian homes. From sofas to table, dressing table to lamp shades wrought iron furniture provides your living room a charm and appeal.