The term lighting refers to the useful
energy output of a system consisting of light sources, fixtures to support
them in appropriate locations, wiring channels to activate the light sources
and the convenient electrical controls. Here are the tips on how to maintain
the lighting system in different rooms according to the ambience.
- Establish an adequate general illumination level to reduce the accent
light, brightness, contrast.
- Illuminate an entire wall with overhead fixtures to provide
background for room furnishings.
- Feature window areas with the cosmic lighting.
- Indirect light like that under a pelmet or above a cabinet will
supply soft uniform illumination.
- Use dimmers to program lighting moods.
- Play up with the architectural features like aala, niches, mantles
Highlight artwork and plants with individual lighting arrangements.
- Be sure that the floor, table and hanging fixtures have adequate
shades to prevent glare.
- Plan adequate lighting to handle a variety of family activities like
rack for display.
- Bar area could use incandescent light to play up sparkling glassware.
Lighted shelves or fluorescent fixtures under the front edge of bar are