Kitchen is a place where a lady spends
her maximum time so it should have comfortable and fresh feeling. Today's
kitchens are far removed from the dark dingy spaces one saw earlier.
- General lighting for a kitchen should be well distributed, uniform
and as shadow less as possible.
- Fluorescent fixtures reduce the energy demands without sacrificing
- Even if there is window in the kitchen, install down lighting over a
sink for cloudy days or nights.
- Special lighting for key work areas can be installed in the ceiling
or in the upper cabinets.
- Provide light for storage areas in pantry or wall cabinets overhead
or shelf mounted brackets will do the job.