Basic lighting tips for home
Lighting is an important part of every home and you should take utmost care for the lights you arrange in room. You can use lamps and track lighting in the areas of detailed work. Rooms must get adequate light so as to brighten the area. Today the lighting system has got modern and cost effective with the coming of power saving lights.
Lighting is as necessary as anything which adds to home décor. But we should be careful while selecting lights in homes as bright bulbs and other unpleasant lights should not be installed in areas of work. Other rooms like living room, dinning room and bedroom should have few dimmer lights and several other common lights and tri-light switches which will allow you to adjust the lighting level to match needs.
Here are few essential points which can carefully note down when it comes to lighting of your living or office place. Here are some various things which you should always know pertaining to lighting.
Cost saving lighting
- The lights you choose must focus on important areas but reduce over lighting. Try to remove extra and irrelevant lights from your home which will also save energy in a great way.
- Task lighting is better than any other light and you can save power by concentrating on major lighting areas and reducing background lights.
Affordability of lights
- Just switch off ceiling lights and instead use table lamps, track lighting and under counter lights in work and kitchen areas.
- CFL lights are common today which consume indeed very less power than any other light. They can be used anywhere in house where bright light is not needed.
Health and environment
- Try to switch over the standard switches with dimmers or hi-lo switches which can be set to different adjustments as in making them bright, dim or off. To save power consumption use resistors.
- Give a look at your place where lights are needed before purchasing new fixtures. Pot lights are less flexible than track lights as they can be moved and their direction is easily adjustable.
- Remember the affordability, cost savings, health and environment in consideration with lighting. Buy lighting fixtures which are affordable do not go for trendy lights but buy the ones which are affordable.
- Buy those lighting fixtures which save power like track lights rather than those which consume more energy and look unpleasant.
- Good lighting system boost up your mood and resulting affects your health.
- By using localized and directed lights in combination with day lighting techniques will reduce the energy consumption and over lighting.