The ideal bathroom is such which provides the essentials where you need
it,when you need it.
Bathroom Main Page
- The ideal position of the bathing area would be one that allows you
to step out of your bath on to dry ground.
- Family size has an important role to play in the design and layout of
bathrooms.The larger the family,the larger the bathroom in terms of
square footage and storage space.
- Plumbing fixtures should be comfortably spaced,with sorage facilities
andfurnishings well arranged so that there is plenty of free space left
- Tailoring the bathroom to suit the age requirements of all its users
is sensible.If toddlers use the same bathroom as the adults,the towel
stand could be fixed a little lower so that a child has easy access.
- In situations where one bathroom has to be shared by four or more
people,separating the WC and the wash basin from the bathing area will
allow two people to use different areas of the bathroom at the same
- A WC should be placed near a window or an outer wall,so that an
exhaust fan can be fitted alongside.
- The bathing area should be kept away from the windows to protect it
- A dry and free area(unencumbered by fixtures) is needed to allow an
adult to dry off and dress after bathing.
- Floor should always be skid resistant variety.
- A jacuzzi should ideally be fitted with its access panel and electric
points under the flooring,directly below the tub.
- Colour scheme should be according to the age factor. Women prefers
soft colours and designs,while children's bathroom sport cartoon
characters.The middle income groups there is a marked preferences for
pastel shades.The trend shouldbe sober and not flashy.