Personal style and freedom of
expression are driving forces in today's home
design. Decorate means
to beautify and is derived from a French word meaning the same. Yet while
beautiful, self-expressive homes are wonderful, interior designers and
architects have a growing responsibility to create healthy, accessible, and
environmentally sensitive spaces. Home
decor is a pretty broad
category, consequently, the best way to refer to home
decor is to
give some examples of the items that constitute home décor. How these
design professionals address these issues will transform how tomorrow's
homes look and function.
When decorating a room, there are many things to think about. Space
planning, flooring, lighting, furniture, and window treatments are just a
few. You'll find interesting information here about how to incorporate all
of the elements of décor into your decorating project and use them to
the best advantage for your space. The décor refers to different kids
of patterns of design like formal décor, contemporary décor,
traditional décor and modern décor.
Formal Home Décor
When formal décor comes in mind, we automatically refer to period
homes or fine hotels. . The formal décor is also a space that is
livable and comfortable. Some additional guidelines to follow include:
Contemporary Home décor
- Tall windows, heavy window treatments, fire places and large mirrors
are specifically used in this kind of décor.
- To create a formal setting, you need to keep both lines and symmetry
- The furniture would be arranged in a straight line inside the room
and in most cases, furniture and accessories would be arranged in pairs.
- Cloth are generally used on the walls.
- The surfaces of furniture, floors, mirrors, and light fixtures would
be polished to a bright shine with high gloss.
- The fabrics used for bedspreads, pillows, couches, and window
treatments are very luxurious and rich.
- The use of rugs, oil paintings and crystal chandeliers are typical
Contemporary decor is a style that can be described as simpleast of all
ecors, it conveys a sense of simplicity. It is generally categorized by
neutral and earthy colours.
Casual Home décor
- This kind of décor uses distinctive outline, linear patterns,
geometric shapes and black as the primary colour.
- There are striking colour patters like used of red with orange and
this lies in this décor scheme.
- The furniture has the clean and fast lines and made up of smooth
fabric or leather.
- Metal lights are generally the characteristics of this kind of décor.
This particular style is very inviting and easy to maintain so very good for
working family members.
Rustic Home décor
- The casual style has generally textured patterns and fabric is always
- The perfect symmetry is never there, instead there are gentle curves
and rectangular shapes.
- The furniture is arranged in diagonal lines.
- The floors are generally wooden.
- The lightning fixture are very unusual kinds, may be a mixture of
steel, iron, glass.
This type of décor provides interest to a home while creating unique
texture and warmth. Rustic décor provides sophistication, charm and
- The fireplaces with polished logs and antique finish is
characteristic feature of this décor.
- The furniture is highly textured and only few pieces should be put in
- The pillows and cushions are necessary and they should be in rust,
copper or burgundy colour.
- Rustic décor can be done by using garden benches or oak dining
, ladder back chairs.
- The paintings are also particularly that of baskets of pine cones or