Controlling diabetes naturally
Diabetes- an epidemic disease is taking toll every year not in adults but also in children due to the surged habits of junk food, caned food and high cholesterol. Diabetes occurs due to high level of glucose (sugar) in blood resulting irregular making of insulin hormone or sometimes insulin is not produced enough to balance glucose level in blood. The symptoms of diabetes can be promptly seen in a patient such as frequent weight gain or weight loss, increased appetite, and excess urine.
High level of sugar in blood is a red alarm to body which should be controlled in due time with proper diet and exercise. However, diabetes is incurable disease but the complications can be lessened with proper medication, natural remedies and exercise. It is also true that one should not relied only on natural remedies because it doesnít cure diabetes yet we can make an effort to subdue it if canít cure it.
Types of Diabetes
High stage of blood sugar
- Type 1 diabetes is not common and usually occurring in adolescents or children but could be develop at any age. In this type of diabetes body doesnít produce ample insulin hormone to keep blood sugar level normal.
Type 2 diabetes is common type of disease found in all people and usually occurs due to malfunction of cells which do not respond to insulin. People who are overweight and bulky, over the age of 35 tend to get type 2 diabetes. It can be controlled through weight management, medication and well-balanced diet free from sugar.
- A diabetic patient normally has blood sugar level of 250 to 350 while person with sugar level of 65 and 140 for every deciliter is considered normal.
- A condition when the blood sugar level reach 350 or above, it is considered high blood sugar and can be enough to cause death of person if not controlled. High blood sugar level needs to be controlled soon with sugar free balanced diet, medication and natural remedies.
- Diabetes makes a person thirst more and urinate excessively during the day and sometimes makes them feel lifeless or insipid.
- Symptoms of diabetes are as follows: excess pee, unusual weight loss or gain, sleeplessness, thirst, feeling of numbness in body parts, stinking urine, and delay in wound healing, dry skin and blurred vision
Diabetes can be treated on only temporary basis in order to control sugar level caused by insufficient production of insulin hormone. However it canít be treated permanently but can only be balanced so as to negate all complications which could arise due to high blood sugar level in blood. Natural treatment is considered best treatment if taken with proper exercise, here are some efficient home remedies to control diabetes.
- Neem is best natural remedy to control blood sugar level, chewing fresh leaves of neem relieves from complications that can arise from diabetes and also helps keeping the sugar level in blood normal.
- A tincture of cinnamon relieves high blood sugar level trigger it down. To prepare this, boil 3 tbsp of cinnamon powder to a liter of water and heat for about 15 minutes. Now strain the water and drink warm water.
- Indian seasonal fruit Jamun is considered a good source which can help reducing sugar level from blood. Chewing its leaves or eating jamun can give fast relieve in subduing diabetes
- Indian plum, tomatoes and orange are other good source beneficial to keep blood sugar down.
- It is important to avoid sugar contained products and grains like potato, rice, cakes, sugar candies and chocolates etc. Stevia is a good substitute for sugar, so if you can not eat sugar due to diabetes try stevia which is natural and harmless.