Standard Specifications of Electric Wiring System
Electric wiring system in building must comply with few standard norms as per ISI in order to ensure security and safety. ISI lays some rules while fixing or installing cables in the wall in order to provide electricity in the entire building. Read out few specifications provided by ISI to be met by every house wiring system:
- The foremost specification that electric wiring system require is carrying out of wiring by distributing with main branch distribution boards to other convenient places and installing non-isolated fuse.
- Make sure that all the conductors are accessible and fitted along with the wall.
- Cable wiring should be avoided from the ceiling.
- Installation of circuit in three wire system or in three different phases must be kept at maximum distance.
- The entire wiring system and apparatus must be compliment Standard specifications.
- For safety purpose keep the load on circuit minimal.
- In the Power wiring circuit maximum number of points should be 2 and keep the size of wire 1.5 mm in copper & 2 mm in aluminum.
- Wires fixed horizontally should be at minimum height of 3 m while the height of switch board must be 1.5 m.
- Standard specification says fuse wire must be connected to phase wire only.
- Connection of neutral wire must be given to neutral link only and in the same way all the switches should be connected in phase wire.
- The size of Earth wire for light circuit must be 1 mm square in copper and 1.5 mm square in aluminum.