The office desks have got a number of designs and variety. They are generally made of wood which are ultimately supported by glass, metal and tarnished on the top. Desks are of different kinds it can be executive desk, computer desk, reception desk etc.
Computer desks is a furniture piece that are designed to be comfortable, to aesthetically provide a working surface and lastly to conceal your office equipment when not in use.
- These desks are especially designed to hold the computer and its parts like monitor, keyboard, mouse, scanner, CPU etc.
- Most computer desk is generally made of wood and can also be found in other material such as metal, fiberglass etc.
- There are two types of computer desks available one is called ergonomic and the other is a regular computer desk.
- The ergonomic desk is a modern desk form which offers mechanical adjustments to place its pieces in an order that would maximize the userís comfort and efficiency.
- The most regular form of computer desks are variants of ergonomic desks. This type of computer desks usually has an adjustable keyboard tray and also has enough desktop space for handwriting and for other works.
Executive desks are high end pieces of furniture that provide elegance and function. These kinds of desks have a wide desktop area and can be customized to accommodate a desktop computer. These desks have optional drawers with various locks to keep important papers safe. These desks are made of mahogany, cherry or fruit wood. Here are some common types of desks which you may encounter:
- En vogue office desks are transparent desk with metal legs and glass top. This kind of desk is sleek in design and looks elegant in office which takes less space.
- Traditional office desks are made from wood and can be commonly found in any office furniture.
Other kind of office desks which can be seen in office is metal, molded plastic and fiberglass which look trendy and elegant.
These types of desks or corner desks maximizes space in the office as they can fit into any corner and provide double the desktop space that a computer desk can provide. This kind of corner desk imparts both a writing space and a space for computer. Many corners come with various drawers and tray to keep keyboard and CPU.
Like L-shaped desk, U-shaped desk also provides maximum space utilization and apart from this it provides a sense of privacy to the user. This could be an ideal office desk for an individual with many tasks.