A cubicle, cubicle desk and office cubicle is a separated enclosed desk from other neighboring workspaces. Its purpose is to seclude office workers from the sights and noises of an open workspace which may allow the employee to have privacy and helps them to better concentrate on their work. Cubicle furniture is efficient and can be rearranged which gives plenty space to employees. Modular office cubicles are a great way to outfit an office.
Cubicle office furniture offers more options in both storage and configuration than desks. Earlier the cubicle trend was found in every business office and considered a status symbol. But today they are no longer status symbol and common every where. The cubicle functions as an office workspace, depending on its size it can be a small meeting space for two or more people.
Cubicles which are available today for different offices such as call centre office cubicles, general purpose cubicles and special purpose workstation. These cubicles are available in different sizes and for different purposes. You can also choose from the straight, L-shaped and U-shaped workstations.
Composite office partitions
Composite office partitions are aluminum framed system which is constructed from panels manufactured with outer layers normally lightweight plasterboard.
- The aluminum framework is 50mm thick and can be colour coated to finish.
- The glazed windows can be formed single or double glazed and can be use with or without blinds.
- This type of office partition is widely used and is quick, cost effective and replaceable.
Glazed office partitions are entirely made up of glass that is held in place with head and floor detail and with joints filled with silicon mastics.
Propriety aluminum partition system
- This gives a frameless appearance and curved or straight panels can be installed creating a light and airy environment.
- Sometimes double glazed glass is used instead of single glazed which is normally used.
- Double glazed glass has extra advantage of better sound insulation.
- For extra privacy blinds can be included between the sheets of glass and decorative films can be applied with the company logo.
- Glazed systems are easy to relocate and are normally not fire rated but can be made so with special glass.
Propriety aluminum or stud office partitions are made with single or double layers of plasters wallboard fixed each side of a studwork framing.
Wood office partitions
- Solid panel joints can be taped and filled to give a seamless flush wall.
- Single or double glazed windows can be incorporated into the partitioning.
- This kind of partition is fire rated and can be upgraded using mineral fiber or fiberglass infill to provide good acoustic performance.
- It is flexible which can be easily configured to your design and finished in a wide range of options remaining cost effective.
This type of partition gives an office practical and creative environment which can be traditional.
Steel office partition
- Wooden office partitions are fire rated and imparts superior acoustic protection.
- This method ensures complete flexibility and re-locatability.
- Wood/ timber partition provides unique look to your workspace.
Steel partitions are cost effective and durable, can be single or double skinned and of solid or mesh construction. Steel partitions are mainly used in factory areas to construct a freestanding structure to create a secure area.
- Steel partitions are good for industry and commerce providing versatility, security and safety for a number of storage or partitioning solutions.
- This type of partition is also used commonly in warehouses, factories and storage areas or enclosing production lines.