From plain to fancy and everything in
between, the children rooms hold promises and dreams. Rooms for babies and
toddlers can be done in any way the parents choose. However, older children
generally love being part of the decorating process.
From the time they are born, little ones begin to amass a huge quantity of
clothing, toys and books, augmented as years pass by collections, hobbies,
schoolwork, and equipment.
Young Children room
- A toddler's room will require organizing an ever-growing collection
of toys and books.
- Like a cat with nine lives, versatile kid's rooms need objects that
can grow, change, and adapt to new uses.
- The lightning should be adequate in toddler's room. This is one
criterion which should be carefully done.
- Give the room some longevity by choosing background elements that are
- Choose a background color to use on the painted walls, floors, and
ceiling. Use your main fabric print to guide you.
- Choose a focal point for the room. While many choose the bed as the
main point of interest, you could focus on a display shelf, a painted
wall mural, or decorated play area. The focal point should really
reinforce your chosen theme.
- Whatever stage your children are in, you've probably realized the
ongoing need for adequate storage.
Young kids are very imaginative and creative and wants to set up there own
world. So while designing the room for young children, their involvement is
must. Here are some of the things one must take care:
- Be sure to involve child by getting his or her ideas and choose
favorite colors, favorite sports or artistic interests, or story or
- Take a main colour with your child's choice and make it a major
element, then stat designing rest of the things.
- Shop for fabric, wallpaper or border paper that will reinforce the
choice of the kid. Some kids like plains, other prefers checks o strips,
some are fond of floral pints other like it geometrical, and so it
differs from child to child.
- The choice of bedding should be according to room which will enhance
both the color scheme and theme you've selected. Floral patterns can get
well for girls and game themes go for boys.
- Make sure to build a place for the collection and display of your
child's artwork, projects, collections.
- A proper storage is needed for any age group. The storage should be
accompanied with desk and something like it.
- Safety is the utmost important thing. Keep electrical cords out of
the way, use non-skid pads under decorative area rugs, and don't stack
storage units too high.
The children room is the most playful thing to design and it needs a lot of
creativity carefulness. The room should be given some longevity by choosing
background elements that are long lasting. The general rules while planning
children room are:
The storage is of four types:
- The room should grow with the child so everything should be very
- The babies move quickly from infant to pre school and then to school
and you need objects with every month passing.
- One must start with the child's favorite things and that should be
the key to design anything.
- The storage is one thing that really grows with the child and to
fulfill that need, one must have adequate storage.
This type of storage includes
Elmira, closet, drawers and should be used for those things which look
This type of storage is good for
displaying something and includes showcases, consoles, and racks.
Items stored in basement or
garage which are out of sight and not easy to get fall in this category of
This storage includes the
space which can be conveniently found like in the bed, upper closets.
- The window treatment is as important as anything else. It should
supply sufficient light and air. They can be simply be colourful; can
have blinds or roller shades.