Drawing room is the foremost room that you enter in the house and it is this room only that creates impression on people hailing in. So it is obvious that you may want to give your guests lasting impression when they at your place. To make this it is thus important to design drawing room with all care and impression considering every nook for better appearance.
Drawing room is a place for relaxation where you either recreate with family & friends or entertain guests and you surely want this room to decorate it uniquely from other room of house to enhance its look. Generally drawing room has most unique decorating items to add apprehension and beautification. It is not essential to design this important place with all expensive things that we see in the market but what is important is how to design this place with less expensive things in extraordinary manner.
Every fraction of item that we decorate is important in drawing room have significance in reflecting your personality. Everything that is inculcated into this room exudes personality of the person in terms of uniqueness, mood, inspiration and influence. It is also important to keep this room upgraded with essential ventilation and secure lighting to keep up the charm.
All aspects must be considered while interior designing drawing room and compliment each & everything with room’s interior. There are few things that need to be considered while interior designing drawing room, explore here to know:
- Drawing room flooring should be designed in such way that it serves multi-purpose apart from good looks. As this room is most functional, several types of flooring can be used here including marble, hardwood, tile or concrete etc. Good flooring is essential to create functionality and enhance the overall décor. Wood flooring gives warm feeling and is easy to maintain while for elegant décor marble or tile flooring is ideal.
- Colour scheme in this room should be blend of serene & bright colours to influence guests and people coming over here. As we know colour affect our mood & mind which makes it important to incorporate a good colour palette so that it is effective for bringing brightness. Light and subtle tones of brown, blue, white, green, yellow and cream are ideal for drawing room.
- Furnishing must be selected according to the design and colour scheme of room. Common material for curtains is silk, satin, cotton, tissue and synthetic fibre while these curtains fabrics can chosen in varied colours and quality as per the choice. Windows can be better decorated with designer blinds or mats to showcase the beauty and making it a focus point.
- Accessories inculcated in drawing room must be attractive and eye catching and must beauty the room. avoid bulky decorative items while you can go for light weight objects and wall hangings to keep up the appearance and charm of room.
- Lighting is the most essential part of every room and drawing room is important room for which installing aesthetic lighting is important. Decorating lights can be placed all over the room while task light in the false ceiling looks wonderful. Lamps and decorative candles also increase the charm of interior décor of drawing room.