Designing space to make it look larger
Utilization of space and tricky interior designing can help in appearing your space look larger than it really is not. Small rooms are sometimes stuffed with lot of furnishings and heavy accessories which only make your small space look like a store room more than a living place. However, to make your small space look bigger certain concepts regarding interior decoration have to be kept in mind.
Small space should be decorated in special designs utilizing all space in useful ways so that the room would look larger. Every place needs things to be placed in extra ordinary manner so that certain space is utilized leaving other space for retreating as well. Small apartments or rooms require special measures to make their room bigger. Room decoration, furnishing and colours attracts attention of the people and if these aspects are considerably incorporated in décor, a small space will certainly look larger.
Find out the ways by which you can make your small space appear larger:.
- Arranging furniture in angles is an art and should be placed in accordance with space provided. Arranging sofa set in an angle would certainly give the onlooker an illusion of larger room.
- The space behind the angles furniture would also give an additional space for your important things.
- Keeping furniture in the scale and avoid placing large furniture pieces in the room which might overpower all the space making small room look like storage.
- Instead big sofa or bed place small love seat, stylish cushioned chairs and bed cum sofa is ideal for small rooms so that if not in use as bed it can be used as sofa.
- Using small scale pattern wallpaper, fabric and upholstery can also add spacing to room while large patterns can shrink the size of the room. Large strip pattern incorporated vertically can even help the room to give large appearance.
- Bright and light hues certainly help making rooms look bigger than they really are because they are more reflective which maximize the effect created by natural light.
- Light colours like beige, hues of off white, cream and tints of green are some light colours ideal for small room and surely makes a room look bigger in every possible way.
- Bright colour won’t give you bland look but they only enhance the effect created by natural light to make a room look bigger.
- On bright coloured walls decorative artifacts and accessories can be used to impart the decor uniqueness. Bold colours can be further used in furniture and accessories rather than walls.
- Mirrors are considered favourable in making rooms look larger and a large mirror hung in a room not only reflects the light but also connects consecutive rooms from each other.
- Mirror can be further used in cabinets, wardrobes, vanities in different manner to reflect light in every room. A long floor to ceiling mirror can make the smallest space seen larger.
- Mirrors have unique effect on appearance of room and also help creating a flow between the rooms. So creatively use mirrors to give a visual effect which will not obstruct your view in seeing other objects.