Designing Reception Area
The reception area of every corporate has its own charm and vitality that enables the staff, vendors and clients to keep their eye on its design by captivating their mind. Reception area is a place that determines the over all captivity of the office and this very area only attracts more clients and staff. Thus reception area should be actively designed with exquisite craftsmanship so as to make it more functional.
Various things like designing, surrounding, walls, colours, tables, desks, counter, furniture and layout which enclose a reception can make a statement about the values of your company. Designing of this important area needs proper analysis and implementation of few guidelines in order to make it attractive.
- Before designing this space of office you need to examine the overall feel and look which you want to give reception. The style and layout must serve to the taste of clients who might visit frequently in office so this space must represent your company and can be the centre of attraction. You can choose different style such as sleek, cozy, innovative and contemporary.
- Hues and tints of office reception is important part of overall interior design. Colours are appealing and have the power to bound people to its aesthetic surroundings. Soothing colours such as tones of light neutrals, earthy hues are preferred for their versatility as they blend well with the furnishings. Your reception colour palette should ideally blend with flooring, window treatment, tiling, wall coverings etc. To impart modern finish material like tiles, glass, chrome, acrylic can be used for majestic appearance.
- Office lighting is apparently essential part of reception where staff and clientele arrive for all inquiry and every sort of information. Darkness in reception area will perhaps give them dreary appearance which might not be suitable for company’s progress. Lighting should be upgraded in the area if required from time to time. Today heavy lighting fixtures and bulky jangling fixtures are outdated instead stylish, trendy fixtures have made their way for better effect.
- Reception counter or desk is one of the focus points of this entire place so deciding upon for reception counter is important before purchasing. The shape, style, and size of desk make an important decision in interior décor of reception. After choosing the material for counter determining the space where to fix it, is mandatory because wrong spacing, dull interiors would not enhance the clientele and productivity of company.
- The reception furnishings should be durable, comfortable and visually appealing that must cater to clientele taste and provides cohesive look. It is best to invest in wear and tear kind of fabric material if leather is not ideal. Wooden and steel lamination can be used innovatively with furnishings and reception counter in most creative manner.
- Plan accordingly so that reception area would appear decluttered and for this maximum space should be given under the reception counter. Adding a general space for small things and finish artifacts like company logo, art and craft, elegant vase and painting will enhance charm of this space making it more functional and vital.