Brick work is the primary task in the construction of building which require extreme precautions and proper way to make a strong and correct structure. Brick work generally executed by laying bricks using cement mortar uniformly to make the structure. However, the most important part is quality of brick using and ratio of cement mortar applied in the structure with bricks.
Bricks are being laid in the site in various parts during the building as per the design or requirement. It is implemented in several steps from foundation to terrace:
Designs and ways of Brick walls
- Brick work begins with the foundation which is essential to transfer the weight of structure to the ground. Before starting laying brick in the foundation width has to be decided as per the load which is calculated by segmenting steps of brick work in foundation below plinth level. This task has to be well planned and must be taken under supervision.
- After the foundation, brick work shifts to structure of building where the load of beam and slabs gets transfer to the main foundation of wall. Walls are constructed with brick which accommodates doors and windows frames while one wall separate one room from another.
- Brick work is then shifts to fencing on the terrace which is also called Parapet. Parapet walls are constructed on the terrace that acts as protecting walls for people while it is also necessary for the safety of exterior walls and RCC slab.
- Brick walls are constructed to divide one place from other and for this partition wall or half brick wall is constructed whose thickness is 4.5 inches. This is thin wall made of half brick and cost half the amount.
- To add beautification and design exterior walls are covered with brick tiles and this task require tile masonry.
- Another way to add design in wall is brick design for better visual appearance and ventilation. This designer brick wall is generally constructed in balcony or other open space to add visual effect.