Constructing Brick Pillar
Brick pillar or columns are supportive pillars constructed in the place for better décor and beautification of interiors. Brick pillars are generally built using the material like brunt clay bricks rather than RCC columns. These pillars are different from RCC columns because unlike them brick pillars can be constructed in half time using simple instruments and without spending heavy.
Brick pillars can be built in any shape including square, rectangle or round as per requirement and they can also be constructed in required size in terms of height. Today houses built according to Interior design generally incorporate the concept of brick column or pillar to add uniqueness in the interior. These pillars after construction are designed, painted and carved to make a symbol of beautification.
Brick pillars are considered as economical to build while adding a charm to over all look as many of us have encountered rusted or chipped columns that never gave us satisfied feeling. But brick columns are trend setting and easy to construct while saving huge bucks. They can enhance exterior of your hallway, gateway or balcony if you are planning to construct pillar. They also provide good elevation as required and are much stronger than RCC pillars which involves using metal or wood material.
How to built brick pillar?
- Building of brick pillar involves making out a proper layout on the place pillar has to be made and starting with the foundation.
- After the excavation step, cement concrete in the ratio 1:4:8 is laid in the foundation.
- Now brick work is to be started with qualitative bricks and cement mortar in the ratio of 1:4 while the brick has to do in several different steps starting from the foundation below the plinth.
- Precaution should be taken during the brick work as it needed to be done in plumb and line particularly.
- Pillar after being constructed must be treated with water for atleast 10 days to promote its hardening.
- Further work should be done after this.