Pitched roof is generally constructed on the hilly or elevated area with a slope of 10 or more degrees from the horizontal side. Material used in pitched roof is galvanized steel, cement sheets, steel sheets or wooden sheets fixed on Purlins which are supported by truss. There are several causes of roof leak in the pitched roof:
Repairing pitched roof
- Pitched roof require finish material and craftsmanship to make the roof well conversant. So poor material or installation in the pitched roof causes it to leak.
- Using defective and low quality material on the roof is one of the causes of roof leakage.
- Pile of dust in the holes of roof obstructs air to pass through the roof material which tends to develop leak in the roof. Therefore it is important to clean the dirt once in a while is essential.
- Changing Weather conditions that bring rain water, storm, hailstorm, thunder and snow causes pitched rook to leak.
- To repair pitched roof it is important to keep the dirt that accumulates on the roof away because dirt in the holes obstruct air while water collects here which makes the roof develop cracks. Holes on the roof must be cleaned so as to keep the flow of water proper which also prevents roof to leak.
- Note down the exact area of leakage on the roof and treated by seeking professional help.
- Fasteners or hooks must be checked regularly because their loosing can cause the roof to leak.
- Make the proper arrangement for the drainage or flow of water from the roof and if there is any broken sheet replace it with the new one to prevent any damage to the roof.
- Brush up your roof with essential and good quality sealant or silicon near and around the joints or vent of chimney etc to prevent leakage and damage to the roof.
- Layer proper sheet on the roof if you feel the present sheet is broken and give problem.