Flat roof generally is flat with slope ranging from 1 degree to 5 degrees which is constructed same as the leveled floor. However, flat roof are recommended only in the pain areas and never advised in lofty regions. Flat roof tends to develop leaks due to various reasons which are harmful for inhabitants and articles kept in the place. There are several reasons or causes of leak in flat roof:
Repairing Flat Roof
- Improper installation of material.
- Defective or inferior material used in the construction of roof.
- Improper way for drainage water.
- No water proofing or damaged water proofing layer.
- Improper slope on the roof.
- Firstly begin with repairing the drain pipes because blockage in the drainage pipe leads to accumulation of unnecessary water on the roof which thereby can aggravate the leakage.
- Ascertain the whole area to repair and then start off with the repair program. Find out the exact underlying causes of leakage of roof and take professional assistance for better repair.
- Restore the cemented and water proofing layer on the roof as continuous water retention leads to cracks on the surface thereby causing leakage.
- Check out the slope of the roof because if slope is inappropriate then water may not find suitable way to flow out.
- Joints of tiles on roof must be repaired completely and make sure to use superior quality cement and other construction material to prevent problem further.
- Over head tank must be installed in such a way that water over flowing from the tank should go out directly from the pipe without spilling on the roof which tends to destroy water proofing of the roof.