With the increasing apartments than individual houses, designing has become challenging and crucial because the space in apartment is less in compare to individual house. The challenge is to interior design the small place with all creativity so that it looks larger and functional. Small apartments are generally constructed with minimum space and more rooms while interior design such a place is a serious problem as how to complement less space with décor.
Although dwelling in small apartments is a problem in terms of incorporating interior design ideas but with the less space expense on interior décor is generally less in such apartments. Thus it is an additional advantage to the apartments to design without spending much.
While if your apartment is big by chance then do not interior design with heavy embellishment, bulky furnishings and maximum accessories. Today’s trend of designing apartment is minimal accessories, clean & defined lines in furnishings and subtle colour scheme. This imparts an apartment finished look by maximizing space and making the room look larger than it is practically.
- Furnishing is the most important factor that adds beauty and functionality in the décor while to make the apartment look airy & spacious then engage in more of small furniture instead bulky sofa or dinning table.
- Instead filling the whole space of room, keep small designer chairs and table for sitting and if possible sideline some comfy bean chairs for making extra seating arrangement.
- Flooring in an apartment can be tiled, marble or hardwood as they add serenity and charm to the décor. But whatever is the flooring, you need proper maintenance to keep the life of flooring long lasting.
- Window treatment can be given with varied roller blinds or curtains for the additional feature in the interior décor. Today market is flooded with wide variety of interior curtains and blinds which can be incorporated to facilitate the interior decoration.
- Give your apartment treatment with vibrant colour scheme matching with the theme of interior décor and give a boost with playful wall hangings or artifacts on the wall.